ISUZU AUSTRALIA LIMITED: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
5 August 2020
ISUZU AUSTRALIA LIMITED: COVID-19 UPDATE
Isuzu Australia Limited (IAL) acknowledges the Victorian Government’s recent decision to declare a stage four restriction for metro Melbourne of all non-essential personal and business activity to aid in combating the spread of the COVID-19.
As a permitted industry service provider under the Government’s Transport, Postal and Warehousing sector classification, IAL operations will adjust as follows:
• All Melbourne-based operations including sales, service, parts and IAL head office business support services will continue operations via remote work practices, previously introduced in March 2020.
• The parts warehouse and distribution centre will remain operational onsite, ensuring compliance with the specified Victorian Government COVID Safe practices. Parts stock availability remains sufficient to support essential dealer and customer operations.
• The Isuzu Power Solutions department will limit production of new units, with onsite production to continue only for Emergency or Essential Service customer support.
In addition to these updates, IAL is working closely with its Victorian-based suppliers to similarly ensure uninterrupted business operations.
All Victorian metropolitan Isuzu truck dealers, including the Melbourne-based Westar and Patterson Cheney sites will remain open with revised operations as follows:
• All service departments will remain open for all customer truck servicing.
• Parts purchases will be conducted via phone with click and collect/ delivery services.
• Truck sales will operate remotely in line with Government restrictions. Please Contact Melbourne based dealers directly for further information.
All remaining Victorian Isuzu truck dealer locations outside the stage four restriction zone will continue to operate during the lockdown period under stage 3 restrictions.
We will be providing ongoing updates and will keep our customers and suppliers fully informed of the latest status and any impacts. However, the health and safety of the Isuzu and broader community always remains our top priority.
As part of our broader COVID-19 response and management plan, the following measures have been implemented in accordance with the latest decisions from the Australian government and relevant authorities:
IAL locations are now operating on a predominantly remote basis. Providing our customers and partners with uninterrupted business support is a top priority and we are determined to work with all parties to ensure continued assistance.
Our locations and parts warehouses are staffed only by essential/permitted representatives who are working under strict social distancing procedures and COVID Safe workplace plans. On-site skeleton staff numbers are carefully managed, and the health and safety of our employees is the guiding principle for all human resourcing decisions.
We understand the need for many of our customers and suppliers to maintain business and communication channels with IAL and our plans place a high priority on providing effective contact and support resources. IAL is committed to its role as a leading Australian commercial equipment supplier and employer of choice. The health and safety of our workers, customers, suppliers and partners is our first priority and we are committed to supporting the well-being of all people and businesses associated with our brand.
For further information from Isuzu Australia Limited, please call our customer care centre: Freecall 1800 035 640.
Director and Chief of Corporate Services
ISUZU AUSTRALIA LIMITED
PHONE: 03 9644 6666