33 NOT OUT – ISUZU TRUCKS NOTCHES UP ANOTHER RECORD YEAR
With the conclusion of 2021 Isuzu Australia Limited (IAL) is honoured to announce Isuzu Trucks’ unmatched achievement of 33 consecutive years as Australia’s highest-selling truck brand. *
Isuzu Trucks’ continued market leadership comes following a challenging year, with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and related supply chain issues – affecting retail trade across numerous industries.
Despite both economic and supply chain disruptions, Isuzu Trucks enjoyed a record-breaking year, setting a new high watermark of 10,175 truck deliveries throughout 2021 and surpassing the previous all-time sales record set by the brand in 2018.
2021 sales results at a glance
- Isuzu Trucks finished the year with improved market share over 2020, with 24.6 per cent of all trucks sold in 2021 bearing the famous Isuzu badge.
- Isuzu sales volume for 2021 increased 23 per cent compared to 2020 and outpaced the market growth of 20 per cent.
- Isuzu continues to lead the way in the light-duty segment, with 5,593 units sold for 39 per cent share.
- In medium duty, Isuzu Trucks again took line honours, finishing the year with 3,067 units sold for a remarkable 41.5 per cent share of the market. In an impressive feat, the company increased sales volume in the segment by 15 per cent, well above the market growth.
- At the heavy end, Isuzu continues to stand firm in third spot, with 1,515 units sold for 11.7 per cent share of a hard-fought market segment.
IAL National Sales Manager Les Spaltman reflected on the results in the face of the numerous obstacles the company surmounted over the course of the year to achieve the sales record.
“We certainly don’t believe that the challenges we faced in 2021 were unique to IAL; we know that pretty much every sector of industry and the economy bore the brunt of pressures that upended well established practices and processes.
“And we’re all too aware that our products play an integral role in the smooth running of consumer and industrial supply chains.
“Speaking frankly, we knew that we simply had to find a way to get the job done and we thank all our customers for their continued support and patience, our dealers and salespeople for their determination and professionalism, and finally all of the Isuzu Australia staff – we couldn’t do it without you,” Mr Spaltman said.
Isuzu Trucks’ previous sales record was set in 2018 with 10,027 sales, achieved under a very different set of operating conditions.
“The economic support provided by the government has been vital in underpinning the confidence for businesses to invest in capital equipment,” commented IAL Director and Chief Operating Officer, Andrew Harbison.
“The stimulus has helped road transport businesses to acquire the additional equipment required to meet the massive spike in demand experienced over the past two years.
“I’d like to thank the entire Isuzu Australia family, our dealer network and our suppliers for rising to the challenge.
“As for 2022 and beyond, we have huge product, parts, service and off-highway engines plans and initiatives in place and we’re excited at the potential for our business in the years ahead.
“The competition is stronger than ever, and we believe that’s a plus for Australian businesses.
“Our focus, as always, is meeting the needs of those customers, and we’ll continue to supply the very best road transport package, regardless of the vocation or application,” Mr Harbison concluded.
*According to T-Mark reports issued by Truck Industry Council (TIC), owner and compiler of the official T-Mark truck market sales database.